I don’t normally endorse brands on my little blog here, but I feel almost compelled to endorse this one – like if I don’t it will be bad karma or something. First, I’ll come clean: I’m involved personally and professionally with this brand. And I’m using my blog as a platform to endorse them. Sue me. Here’s a little history…
…I met Carlton Solle, Owner/Founder of Treeson Spring Water, on Facebook. Yup, that’s right. Social media quite literally changed my life. I was general manager with a hand in bizdev for a green tech/consumer/lifestyle PR agency about 3 years ago and was Googling the internet for prospective clients. A company called +Space Zero Impact Beverages appeared buried deep on page 12 of Google Search. I eventually landed on their Facebook page. +Space looked like a perfect fit for my PR agency so I sent a Facebook message with my pitch to them. I received a reply from Carlton about 20 minutes later. “Let’s talk”, he said.
We launched a PR campaign for +Space a few months later. It was not a great success. The lessons learned, however, would be profound and change the course of product development and enhance the idea behind the product while deepening its impact on the consumer and environment. The bottle would go through no less than 4 prototypes before being finalized. The name of the product would change and the brand would morph. What was inside the bottle would change. The company would plant 38,000 trees before the launch of their Kickstarter campaign to make sure that they were getting it right. In fact, my entire family helped plant trees on one of their sites at Playa el Rey, in cooperation with the Eco Preservation Society, near Manuel Antonio National Park here in Costa Rica. I have literally gotten my hands dirty with these guys.
So what’s the big deal about Treeson Spring Water? Here’s the big deal.
- Treeson Spring Water comes in an eco-friendly, collapsible “leaf bottle” that comes with a pre-paid US postage sticker and goes in the US Mail instead of the trash. It’s made of toxin free, plant-based materials, is 100% sustainable, certified GMO free and biodegradable.
- The water is sourced here in Costa Rica in Braulio Carillo National Park. The water is captured and gravity fed to a small bottling facility on site.
- For every bottle of Treeson Spring Water sold, Treeson plants a tree. Treeson is working closely with the Eco Preservation Society here in Costa Rica on this effort. So… 100 million bottles sold = 100 million trees planted in Costa Rica.
- After the bottle arrives back at Treeson HQ, it’s converted into clean energy through a special process to make electricity and to make new bottles.
Eco-friendly, socially responsible, sustainable, clean and green! It’s a “Win/Win” scenario for every organism on the planet. Refresh, return, renew, recharge. Bye-bye Pacific Garbage Patch!
If you’re reading this, I’d be grateful if you could do a few things to support these guys.
- Pledge whatever you can at their Kickstarter campaign!
- Like them on Facebook at and share their page with your Facebook friends.
- Same goes for circling them on Google+ and following them on Twitter at @treesonwater.
There are only 25 days left in the Treeson Spring Water Kickstarter campaign. Help us make history! Thanks!